Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

BOL - anyone seen it?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
anyone seen Bol yet? supposedly it's breaking records left and right... although that might not be such a huge feat.. :)

Posted Image KARACHI: Shoaib Mansoor’s movie ‘Bol’ released under the banner of Geo Films has not only established new success records, it has even set a new business record at the box office. It has become the film earning the highest gross in the first week of release, smashing all previous records.

Shah Rukh Khan’s film “My Name Is Khan” had done business of Rs21.658 million in a week, whereas ‘Bol’ has done business of Rs22.038 million in just six days. It is expected that when record of the full week is available, this film will make a gross earning of Rs25 million setting up new business record.

It may be recalled that ‘Khuda Key Liye’ the first movie of Shoaib Mansoor too had set up new records and now his second venture is maintaining the tradition. A large number of fans are making a beeline to cinemas and multiplexes. Families are specially being attracted to the movie and they want to see it at the earliest. Since its first show on June 24, the film is continuously on the march to success. By thronging the cinemas, viewers have proved that if good and standard films are produced, they will definitely be attracted to cinema houses.

source: http://geo.tv/7-1-2011/83169.htm

desilicious

desilicious

• Moderators
  • 5 posts
nooo, but i want to ! (: iman <3

Zaina_27

Zaina_27

Limited Edition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I haven't seen it yet, I've just read reviews and most of them say that the movie is too critical about Islam and doesn't give the right message about the religion. I'll watch it when I get the chance and then decide for myself what I think of it, but for some reason I feel like my views pre-release won't change.. I'll like the concept etc. but not aspects which are anti-Islam, or those which seem to be making a different Islam altogether to suit the characters needs.

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
^ yeah, although some of that might be hype to get people motivated to go check it out.. it is business, after all :)

although i've heard some people were quite depressed after watching it.. we should always point out the bad things in society, but not overly dwell on them.. and have a positive approach moving forward, and not give people the 'hum to duub gaye' feeling. :)

Zaina_27

Zaina_27

Limited Edition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
True that. LOL, from the reviews I've read, most of the hype was of Atif Aslam being in it but everyone was disappointed because they say he doesn't really have any acting skills and had a weird and kind of pointless role in the movie. =P

And yep, I agree. Highlighting the key controversial or problematic issues in society is important, but then if you're making a movie on it, show how to tackle those issues properly. And not in the sense of criticising Islam or making your own version of Islam. And it was pretty obvious that the movie would earn a lot, just like KKL because of all the advertising and talk about it - but that doesn't give any movie a free ticket to being a blockbuster with no flaws.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
i agree with both sarmad and zaina here. I wouldnt go and judge a film right now before watching it because opinions DO vary from person to person. But if its all true and this movie was a criticising medium to promote hatred towards the RIGHT principals of islam then its a shame.
first of all people who have no knowledge or less knowledge about the deen are preaching others about the FIQH issues. Once a very good preacher Noman Ali Khan said that a preacher should not go to scholarly issues because it later on creates confusion which leads to 2 weird thoughts and thats how the differentiation begins.

Like in KKL the dialogues on music . Its wrong and it shouldnt promote views as ift hey are FINAL and RIGHT about islam because in the end we are not perfect followers or scholars ( may AllahSWT make us someday inshAllah)

Anyways, is there anyway we can watch it without waiting for it for ages?

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

True that. LOL, from the reviews I've read, most of the hype was of Atif Aslam being in it but everyone was disappointed because they say he doesn't really have any acting skills and had a weird and kind of pointless role in the movie. =P

And yep, I agree. Highlighting the key controversial or problematic issues in society is important, but then if you're making a movie on it, show how to tackle those issues properly. And not in the sense of criticising Islam or making your own version of Islam. And it was pretty obvious that the movie would earn a lot, just like KKL because of all the advertising and talk about it - but that doesn't give any movie a free ticket to being a blockbuster with no flaws.

Atif aslam is pendu.. i hate his pendu hat that he keeps on wearing so much :)

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Anyways, is there anyway we can watch it without waiting for it for ages?

probably not, will take a long time to get released on DVD.. it would probably be made available in 'other' ways sooner :)

as for the movie itself, I honestly haven't heard any glowing recommendations from anyone. The review in Dawn seemed to welcome some of the Islam-critical things like telling women to take off hijab and "experience" life :), but even they said it had a lot of errors in the plot.

but seriously, my point is that we need a halla gulla comedy or light hearted movie to relax and enjoy.. and Shoaib Mansoor showed with 50/50 that he was the best... pata nahi kairay paasay tur peya ay..

Zaina_27

Zaina_27

Limited Edition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
^ Why can't women experience life whilst doing hijaab? =S .. Gosh, I hate this type thinking. Aur loag inn cheezon ko overlook yan maanne lag jaate hain, to say that Islam is an oppressing religion. How can you just tell someone to stop doing hijaab when it is compulsory. It's like saying: hey, stop breathing and experience some lung collapsing =D

And yeah I agree, we need some more light-hearted things. But nowadays in Pakistan, it seems light-heartedness is only limited to naach gaana and the like. 80's-90's Pakistani comedy, and even the serious dramas, were the best. No gandagi, and no anti-Islam stuff. Abh tau hadh hogayi hai..

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ Why can't women experience life whilst doing hijaab? =S .. Gosh, I hate this type thinking. Aur loag inn cheezon ko overlook yan maanne lag jaate hain, to say that Islam is an oppressing religion. How can you just tell someone to stop doing hijaab when it is compulsory. It's like saying: hey, stop breathing and experience some lung collapsing =D

And yeah I agree, we need some more light-hearted things. But nowadays in Pakistan, it seems light-heartedness is only limited to naach gaana and the like. 80's-90's Pakistani comedy, and even the serious dramas, were the best. No gandagi, and no anti-Islam stuff. Abh tau hadh hogayi hai..

Exactly alhmdulilah ive had equal fun with my hijab on (naqab as well) and never felt the need that I should enjoy more by taking off my hijab. As long as you do the right thing in the boundaries then why not?
I mean i once whistled during a class and my professor kicked out the wrong person in the class :P but still :) You can have a lot of fun by staying wwithin the proper boundaries. Yeh constipated soch ka Allah hi hafiz hain

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

I mean i once whistled during a class and my professor kicked out the wrong person in the class :P

abusing hijab, eh... im pretty sure thats haraam. :) :P

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
Chal phut haram police :)

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

It's really difficult to get an audience familiar with all the various social issues pakistan is facing, I feel like this film definitely rose to that challenge. The film provides a somewhat accurate insight into the common pakistani man's thinking (let's face it, we're a superstitious bunch, and we've all come across a character who is like that hakeem, I know I have). Film isn't perfect by any means, but it's one I would recommend every South Asian to watch.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

It's really difficult to get an audience familiar with all the various social issues pakistan is facing, I feel like this film definitely rose to that challenge. The film provides a somewhat accurate insight into the common pakistani man's thinking (let's face it, we're a superstitious bunch, and we've all come across a character who is like that hakeem, I know I have). Film isn't perfect by any means, but it's one I would recommend every South Asian to watch.

True and I partly agree with that. I have watched the movie and I feel that in some instances, the writer was trying to make the story come out biased but at the same time did address the issues that are currently on the rise in Pakistan.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

Exactly alhmdulilah ive had equal fun with my hijab on (naqab as well) and never felt the need that I should enjoy more by taking off my hijab. As long as you do the right thing in the boundaries then why not?
I mean i once whistled during a class and my professor kicked out the wrong person in the class http://www.paksarzam...DIR#/tongue.png but still http://www.paksarzam...O_DIR#/snub.png You can have a lot of fun by staying wwithin the proper boundaries. Yeh constipated soch ka Allah hi hafiz hain

:tup: :tup: :tup:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Samir

Samir

Phffft

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationLondon

yes... its shit!

malala probably likes it very very much...

*** Majestic! A hunter is a hunter even in a dream!***

lahoriii

lahoriii

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

^ Why do you think so? 

fahadzafar

fahadzafar

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

nice sharing its amazing really appreciated its awesome and amazing one keep posting 

Samsung-Galaxy-A8s-s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users