Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Misbah ul Haq's interview - September 2015

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

"Mohammad Hafeez and Saeed Ajmal are my closest friends in cricket because I have been playing with them since university and regional days"

"Apart from that I get along with everyone in the team and we are all great friends and get along very well"

"Better for PSL to be held abroad than not at all"

"Everyone has their way of talking and tone and I understand what Younis Khan meant"

"Whatever Younis Khan said was correct. You cannot compare him with me"

"Younis Khan is in a different class. He has 100+ Test matches whereas I have only 58-60 tests. He has played many more matches than me and he is right that you cannot compare him with me"

"Younis Khan is still playing tests. He is the main man in tests. We won 18 matches in my captaincy out of which i guess if you remove Younis's scores we wouldn't be winning maybe 16 of those tests"

"I will look at my performances and my hunger after the England series in UAE and after that decide on my future"

"I retired from ODIs at right time so that team might have four years to build for the next World Cup and so that the new captain gets adequate time to adjust"

"In 2012 the selectors told me that they are looking to build a young team in T20s and that is why I retired"

"After retirement there are several options through which I can serve my country and be involved in cricket. Commentary and coaching are an option"

"I am very interested in helping new talent come from my region, Faisalabad"

"I met Shahbaz Sharif recently and brought to him attention that Mianwali still has no cricket ground despite there being very athletic people. He gave a positive response and hopefully action is taken"

"I have no interest of going into politics"

"England gave us tough competition last time and definitely we will miss Saeed Ajmal and Rehman"

"Very happy for Yasir Shah, he always performed brilliantly along with Zulfiqar Babar" 

"Their (spot fixing trio) determination and efforts will determine whether they will make a comeback in cricket"

"In the end of the day it is the public which will decide whether the trio can come back or not"

"As for the tax non-payment story, it was brought up at a very wrong time because we were away on a tough tour"

"I do not understand how there can be non payment of taxes on a cricketer's part considering our pay comes after deduction of taxes by the board or department already"

"I have no regrets in cricket and am thankful to Allah for everything" 
Interview link: http://www.zemtv.com....eptember-2015/

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

adil_909

adil_909

Commander

• Administrators
  • 853 posts
  • Locationthe hospital

great interview, level headed guy who was desperately needed in the sea of chaos that is pakistan cricket. will be missed!

Posted Image

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Misbah and Ronaldo are very similar. People keep hating them so profusely, and yet they overcome all the criticism and keep producing the legendary performances. :P

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

adil_909

adil_909

Commander

• Administrators
  • 853 posts
  • Locationthe hospital

Misbah and Ronaldo are very similar. People keep hating them so profusely, and yet they overcome all the criticism and keep producing the legendary performances. :P

actually they couldn't be more different.

misbah is an anomaly, he is the voice of reason surrounded by impulsive spoiled children. he is soft spoken, but when he says something, it packs a punch. he is humble and lets his actions speak for him.

ronaldo fits his environment like a hand in a glove. he is a spoiled brat surrounded by hundreds of others at the most spoiled sporting institution in the world. there is nothing humble or subtle about him, he is flashy and arrogant.

if you have to compare misbah to anybody in football, the closest analogy i can come up with would be andres iniesta. not flashy, but effective. soft spoken leader who is immensely respected by players and fans alike.

by the way, let's not forget that when you say misbah "overcame the criticism", you were one of his biggest critics!! glad to see he has won you over and you recognize his value now. because back on the old forum, you were definitely one of the most, if not THE most vocal critic when he was first handed the captaincy.

Posted Image

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

actually they couldn't be more different.

misbah is an anomaly, he is the voice of reason surrounded by impulsive spoiled children. he is soft spoken, but when he says something, it packs a punch. he is humble and lets his actions speak for him.

ronaldo fits his environment like a hand in a glove. he is a spoiled brat surrounded by hundreds of others at the most spoiled sporting institution in the world. there is nothing humble or subtle about him, he is flashy and arrogant.

if you have to compare misbah to anybody in football, the closest analogy i can come up with would be andres iniesta. not flashy, but effective. soft spoken leader who is immensely respected by players and fans alike.

by the way, let's not forget that when you say misbah "overcame the criticism", you were one of his biggest critics!! glad to see he has won you over and you recognize his value now. because back on the old forum, you were definitely one of the most, if not THE most vocal critic when he was first handed the captaincy.

Hahahahaha

Yes, I agree. A while back, actually I think it was after Misbah led Pakistan to 3-0 against England I changed my opinion of him. I have no shame accepting that. I still say that there were changes which he later brought in his game by being more proactive and that could've benefited Pakistan all along had he adopt them earlier. But it's okay, better late than never. I am particularly impressed by his fitness level, which shows his commitment to game and his team at 40+ age at which usually players have hung their boots. In my opinion, PCB should let him and YK play for as long as they want in test cricket. They shouldn't be pressurized to retire. Test is a different game anyways and I think the talent we recently unearthed isn't cut for test cricket. To find new Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq to replace Misbah and YK it will take time. 

But the hate he got is same as Ronaldo gets, and it's not simply criticism it's pure hatred I must say. And then just outperforming everyone on the field.....they just both are so similar there. I mean I can imagine when Adil is on the other side of field throwing unprecedented hatred, versus same side of field and annoyed by hatred...I think Adil can tell better about both sentiments quite well. :P

There's always an Afridi, the fan favorite, to every Misbah just like there's a Messi to every Ronaldo.

And I agree on Iniesta as one of the most sought after talents but he is not same as Misbah. He never gets hatred. He doesn't have to revive his career against all odds. He was always a superstar, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. That's the difference, where when Ronaldo came to La Liga he has to prove everything again even after being UCL champion and best player recipient once.

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

Messi is like Afridi :rofl: :rofl:

Ahmad have you joined the laughter house :hmm:

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Messi is like Afridi :rofl: :rofl:

Ahmad have you joined the laughter house :hmm:

See actually I never said that...But you took the bait :P

It's fun messing with Barca fans lolz

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

See actually I never said that...But you took the bait :P

It's fun messing with Barca fans lolz

i always like to make trolls believe that they succeed so they can sleep in peace :)

LongLusciousLegs

LongLusciousLegs

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

i always like to make trolls believe that they succeed so they can sleep in peace :)

But you never sleep in peace :rofl: :rofl: because you are the guy that is always awake at night receiving Big E's Big D :rofl: 

tumblr_lrjxgcV7OE1qfzhnw.gif

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

But you never sleep in peace :rofl: :rofl: because you are the guy that is always awake at night receiving Big E's Big D :rofl:

are you arguing about the topic then I don't think Misbah haters recieve Big Es at night, they are sour but clap in shower so that its another night whining for them :rofl:

was that good :rofl:

LongLusciousLegs

LongLusciousLegs

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

are you arguing about the topic then I don't think Misbah haters recieve Big Es at night, they are sour but clap in shower so that its another night whining for them :rofl:

was that good :rofl:

I like Misbah great leader and man of honour but am not going to glorify his batting anymore just because everyone else in the line up was so much worse. Look at the bravery displayed by Azar, he is a limited batsman to and can't rotate strike to save his life but has been performing out of his comfort zone like a man possessed 

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

I like Misbah great leader and man of honour but am not going to glorify his batting anymore just because everyone else in the line up was so much worse. Look at the bravery displayed by Azar, he is a limited batsman to and can't rotate strike to save his life but has been performing out of his comfort zone like a man possessed 

who is comparing Misbah with anyone. You idiot I merely mentioned his interview and how his comments were mature and kind. Where did I bring Haji Azhar Ali :eek:

did something fall on your head this morning :rofl:

LongLusciousLegs

LongLusciousLegs

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

who is comparing Misbah with anyone. You idiot I merely mentioned his interview and how his comments were mature and kind. Where did I bring Haji Azhar Ali :eek:

did something fall on your head this morning :rofl:

Did someone shove a 2x4 up your arse, respond to the post itself you stupid; you couldn't even do that in the Big D post, you loving son, I have you all the time, no use having a meaningful argument with Eugene :rofl: then you cuss me when I embarras you and your boyfriend ahmad :rofl: RETARDS :rofl:

Edited by mmmusa8888, 04 October 2015 - 12:03 AM.

LongLusciousLegs

LongLusciousLegs

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Musa am going back to pissing off both of you now :rofl: you fool

fahadzafar

fahadzafar

Lieutenant