Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Introduce Yourself!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
Hi im Electirc and I am not in Pakistan.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
yeah, Electric-ity isn't in Pakistan that often either. :P

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
hence my post :P

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum and don't know anyone here except for Sarmad, so I think an introduction is warranted! Anyways, I'm born and raised in pakistan but have lived in the US for over a decade now. Main topics I like to discuss are in relation with current events, health & nutrition, and sports (basketball and cricket in particular) OH AND MUSIC (dance music in particular). I used to be a part of another Pakistani forum that was very active once upon a time but due to administrative and budgetary issues, that site is no longer relevant. These forums, however, present an opportunity to connect with other Pakistanis to discuss all the issues that affect us, I hope to be doing a lot of that with you all here. Thanks! 

Now Your Turn :)

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

lol

I see all the old PM members here. Massi Museebtay is here too :P But none are active since 2 years? What's up with that? Just got recruited on this forum by his highness, Mr. Heisenberg :) will try to be active here.

I am from Houston, TX. Texans, Astros, Rockets, Real Madrid…that's my life. Currently I am in Hattiesburg, MS, finishing up Medical School. I grew up in Karachi, but moved to TX about 10 years back. I'd like to contribute on varying topics. Sports to Current Affairs, to Music and Fashion. I am a sports junky all my life so that will be my preference. 

ciao  :chai:  :pak:

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Welcome fellow native Houstonian! I got a fellow Rockets fan here now.. as for the 'stros.. yeah let's not go there for a few years lol. 

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Welcome fellow native Houstonian! I got a fellow Rockets fan here now.. as for the 'stros.. yeah let's not go there for a few years lol. 

man stros' were my first craze here. Can't give up on them. Team was so good, I was new here and we made it to World Series. Because of Cricket I got into Baseball relatively easily. Good ole days. Still keep up with them, hopefully they are going in right direction, there were positives from last season…they will be competitive in 2-3 years. 

Nice to meet another clutch city rowdy here!

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

I'll never forget that double play that bruntlett and everett turned on a grounder by mabry.. and then pujols killing lidge lol. good times man.

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

man stros' were my first craze here. Can't give up on them. Team was so good, I was new here and we made it to World Series. Because of Cricket I got into Baseball relatively easily. Good ole days. Still keep up with them, hopefully they are going in right direction, there were positives from last season…they will be competitive in 2-3 years. 

Nice to meet another clutch city rowdy here!

Its funny you say that you got into baseball because of cricket. It was the opposite for me, I COULD NOT get into baseball cuz it felt like a watered down and slower version of cricket!

arabiannight975

arabiannight975

Cadet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hey Everybody,

Usman Reporting ! :)  From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

A superbike and cars fanatic. Been riding superbikes for over a decade. Professional Guitarist, been almost 8 years now ! :)

Hopefully this forum will be fun!

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

^ Welcome to PakSarZameen friend! Lets get this forum going with some topics! :D

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Hey Everybody,

Usman Reporting ! :)  From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

A superbike and cars fanatic. Been riding superbikes for over a decade. Professional Guitarist, been almost 8 years now ! :)

Hopefully this forum will be fun!

Haha 

Guitarist eh... :yey:

that's good to know. So how's the music scene in KSA?

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

^ ya how does that even work out? lol thats kool  though I wish I knew how to play an instruement, I just know how to make music mixes :D

arabiannight975

arabiannight975

Cadet

• Members
  • 2 posts

^ Welcome to PakSarZameen friend! Lets get this forum going with some topics! :D

Thank you ! :)

Haha 

Guitarist eh... :yey:

that's good to know. So how's the music scene in KSA?

Yeps, Yaar something really surprising is that the music scene in KSA is pretty on.
I was in Karachi last month and I wanted to get myself a new custom made hot shot sort of a guitar. I searched all over karachi and ended up at "Biggest GUITAR shop" in karachi. It was sad and depressing........The best guitar they had was a 30,000 Rupee Yamaha.

I was like you have got to be kidding me, turns out it was the biggest guitar shop in Pakistan. Now when you come to Saudi Arabia, we have guitar stores size of entire Malls. All sort of guitars ranging from 1000  Riyals to 30,000 Riyals. Its amazing.

^ ya how does that even work out? lol thats kool  though I wish I knew how to play an instruement, I just know how to make music mixes :D

Haha well, guitar seems like its pretty easy but trust me its probably one of the hardest instruments to play. People think the left hand has to do all the work with playing chords but in reality its the other hand. Strumming Patterns are the hardest to master.

The best way to learn is to pick up a guitar and fuck it. Just keep playing it till your fingers bleed ( They actually do in teh first month of learning) . You will eventually learn far better then any book.

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Yeps, Yaar something really surprising is that the music scene in KSA is pretty on.
I was in Karachi last month and I wanted to get myself a new custom made hot shot sort of a guitar. I searched all over karachi and ended up at "Biggest GUITAR shop" in karachi. It was sad and depressing........The best guitar they had was a 30,000 Rupee Yamaha.

I was like you have got to be kidding me, turns out it was the biggest guitar shop in Pakistan. Now when you come to Saudi Arabia, we have guitar stores size of entire Malls. All sort of guitars ranging from 1000  Riyals to 30,000 Riyals. Its amazing.

Haha well, guitar seems like its pretty easy but trust me its probably one of the hardest instruments to play. People think the left hand has to do all the work with playing chords but in reality its the other hand. Strumming Patterns are the hardest to master.

The best way to learn is to pick up a guitar and fuck it. Just keep playing it till your fingers bleed ( They actually do in teh first month of learning) . You will eventually learn far better then any book.

Long-Term Benefits of Music Lessons By SINDYA N. BHANOO

Childhood music lessons can sometimes leave painful memories, but they seem to carry benefits into adulthood. A new study reports that older adults who took lessons at a young age can process the sounds of speech faster than those who did not.

“It didn’t matter what instrument you played, it just mattered that you played,” said Nina Kraus, a neuroscientist at Northwestern University and an author of the study, which appears in The Journal of Neuroscience.

She and her collaborators looked at 44 healthy adults ages 55 to 76, measuring electrical activity in a region of the brain that processes sound.

They found that participants who had four to 14 years of musical training had faster responses to speech sounds than participants without any training — even though no one in the first group had played an instrument for about 40 years.

Dr. Kraus said the study underscored the need for a good musical education. “Our general thinking about education is that it is for our children,” she said. “But in fact we are setting up our children for healthy aging based on what we are able to provide them with now.”

Other studies have suggested that lifelong musical training also has a positive effect on the brain, she added. Dr. Kraus herself plays the electric guitar, the piano and the drums — “not well but with great enthusiasm,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.c...ssons.html?_r=0

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Oh noo, bijli is here.  let the spamming being.

Lets see who finds out who I am ...

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

^ welcome to paksarzameen Das!

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

not too hard to figure it out :) welcome

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

I have never been to KSA. But whenever I visit, would love to see those mall size guitar shops. You sure no Muttawwa will run after me?!?!? :P

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

oh gawddddddd!!!! He's here too now. mannnnnn!! :think:  :think:  

welcome sir!    :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users