Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Random thoughts and rants thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1074 replies to this topic

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Wouldn't be a proper forum without a thread where members can vent their frustrations and thoughts among other things, post away!

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

no sunlight today  :zzz:

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

iH2afJ2o7gNSN.gif

da f*q did I just see?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ Oh let  me rant. You gave me a perfect thing to rant about.

People cussing after every single word. Like seriously, why do people find it hard to control their language ? I mean i can understand there is a lack of vocabulary learned throughout the academic life but atleast save yourself the trouble of uttering filth every few seconds. That's just plain wrong. Pollutes other people's surroundings as well.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

screw the GRE seriously, all the freakin answers are correct, but there is one that more correct than all the others (thats so subjective I can't believe they do this!)

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

The weather ughhhhh.

70s in the am, 30s at night….I am getting sicka sick 'em. Should I wear cardigan/jacket, should I not. Should I put on beanie, should I not. Should I have coffee, iced or warm. Soup v/s Salad. Air…..should put @ 72 or not. ughhhhhh

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

screw the GRE seriously, all the freakin answers are correct, but there is one that more correct than all the others (thats so subjective I can't believe they do this!)

GRE for what?  PhD in Political Science?

Oooh that reminds me, did you invite that surgeon saab on the other side?  The one who managed to piss off everyone? :D

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

The weather ughhhhh.

70s in the am, 30s at night….I am getting sicka sick 'em. Should I wear cardigan/jacket, should I not. Should I put on beanie, should I not. Should I have coffee, iced or warm. Soup v/s Salad. Air…..should put @ 72 or not. ughhhhhh

Where I live it is always between 60s in the day, and low to mid 50s at night year round which means keeping a sweatshirt every where you go! 

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Where I live it is always between 60s in the day, and low to mid 50s at night year round which means keeping a sweatshirt every where you go! 

Yeah, you are from Cali. Lucky You. I have to deal with these variations.  

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Yeah, you are from Cali. Lucky You. I have to deal with these variations.  

2c82.png

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

motherf--ers curling in the squat rack - and crossfitters hate those tw@ts too.....take up 5 stations to do 'circuits'....

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

GRE for what?  PhD in Political Science?

Oooh that reminds me, did you invite that surgeon saab on the other side?  The one who managed to piss off everyone? :D

GREs for Grad school!  :( I have no idea which university to go for just yet, but to get into any university with a reputation the GRE is required. What field? Not quite sure yet, I could very well end up taking the business route given my current job (might have to take GMAT for that), but my heart is still with political science. 

Ha I think I know who you're talking about. He stated that hes busy in the next few months but if time allows he plans to get on board. 

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

^ Oh let  me rant. You gave me a perfect thing to rant about.

People cussing after every single word. Like seriously, why do people find it hard to control their language ? I mean i can understand there is a lack of vocabulary learned throughout the academic life but atleast save yourself the trouble of uttering filth every few seconds. That's just plain wrong. Pollutes other people's surroundings as well.

a ) They might have Tourettes?

b )  There are fewer words which can match the impact that some expletives have. There really is no substitute for "F***".

Try finding another word that has the same impact or comes across the same way. You'd be hard pressed. Very difficult to convey that sort of emotion that the word has been widely understood to have.

Edited by Pastafarian, 19 November 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

GREs for Grad school!  :( I have no idea which university to go for just yet, but to get into any university with a reputation the GRE is required. What field? Not quite sure yet, I could very well end up taking the business route given my current job (might have to take GMAT for that), but my heart is still with political science. 

Ha I think I know who you're talking about. He stated that hes busy in the next few months but if time allows he plans to get on board. 

I thought that you have to do a general and a subject GRE, though it might be different across majors and programs.

I know someone, a husband of a colleague, who was a PhD in philosophy and couldn't find a decent job ($22,000 for a teacher that is what she told me), but he was lucky to get a govt job.  She was against it but he had taken one class for a PhD in political science, but then I lost contact with her so don't know what is the deal now.

Usually, or at least couple of people I know that did bachelors in poli sci, end up going into law.  Law is saturated as well, so you have to pick a good field and school.  So many choices...

Edited by Das Reich, 19 November 2013 - 09:05 PM.

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

^^ yeah I'm aiming for the state department as I already have some DoD job experience, but we'll see, im taking baby steps here :P, what do u do for a living if you dont mind me asking?

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Right now I am in between jobs, but have usually been in bio / chem in food environments.  It is a mess here as companies are merging or leaving the state like my company would early next year.

I had a friend in class who moved to california for a biotech company, but I have heard that Cali is dreadfully expensive and people there are actually escaping from the state! 

Any good govt site that you know of other than USA jobs? PM me if it is more convenient.    

Don't want to "hijack" the random thoughts thread... ;)

Edited by Das Reich, 19 November 2013 - 09:14 PM.

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Right now I am in between jobs, but have usually been in bio / chem in food environments.  It is a mess here as companies are merging or leaving the state like my company would early next year.

I had a friend in class who moved to california for a biotech company, but I have heard that Cali is dreadfully expensive and people there are actually escaping from the state! 

Any good govt site that you know of other than USA jobs? PM me if it is more convenient.    

Don't want to "hijack" the random thoughts thread...  ;)

I'd recommend doing some research on the biotech industry in San Diego, the city is a west coast hub for your field. I went to school there, and its more affordable compared to Bay Area and West LA

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

These black kids try their damned hardest to try and paint UCLA as a racist institution by playing the race card and getting emotional. If UCLA was a racist institution, then how does that explain the school's 38.4% Asian student body?! Blacks are disadvantaged?! What about asian immigrants?! Most Asian countries were still colonized by the west less than a hundred years ago, and many of us don't even have english as our first language. In the video he says "all we want is a level playing field", well ma n**ga, how many african americans apply to UCLA!? How many actually have the grades to get in?!  How many actually apply for the abundance of scholarships that are out there!? (in response to his financial aid query) Affirmative action is his idea of a level playing field?! That is the exact opposite of a meritocracy, sorry kid your skin color should be the last thing that gets in you a higher learning institution.

RANT OVER! Would love for some of you to chime in. (I swear I'm not a racist, it just really irks when people play the victim card and act they like deserve some sort of a handout while the rest of us bust our a**es).

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

Im seriously PISSED of hearing people every now aday not thanking for their Blessings to ALLAH!

like there was a guy i met in class today...he was like i sooooooooo want to have this car, its killing me yaaar and i really hope this year ALLAH gives me this...he said he pray every single prayer for it..

WTF guys, why cant we people start our prayers buy first Thanking ALLAH for all the blessings we have.....In Quran ALLAH has said that nearly all the humans dont thank me for the blessings(Im not posting the exact translation)...

We should all first Thank ALLAH for the all the blessings he has given us like our body, life, religion, people Important in our life etc.....by this we are not only doing whats right but this is the right way for forgivness and development of IMAAN

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

These black kids try their damned hardest to try and paint UCLA as a racist institution by playing the race card and getting emotional. If UCLA was a racist institution, then how does that explain the school's 38.4% Asian student body?! Blacks are disadvantaged?! What about asian immigrants?! Most Asian countries were still colonized by the west less than a hundred years ago, and many of us don't even have english as our first language. In the video he says "all we want is a level playing field", well n**ga, how many african americans apply to UCLA!? How many actually have the grades to get in?!  How many actually apply for the abundance of scholarships that are out there!? (in response to his financial aid query) Affirmative action is his idea of a level playing field?! That is the exact opposite of a meritocracy, sorry kid your skin color should be the last thing that gets in you a higher learning institution.

RANT OVER! Would love for some of you to chime in. (I swear I'm not a racist, it just really irks when people play the victim card and act they like deserve some sort of a handout while the rest of us bust our a**es).

I've lived in good ole' dixie south for past 2 years. I've experience every bit of racism just like a norm in society. People here don't call it racism, rather point it as segregation….to me end result is same. I was definitely not okay with it, but people learned to accommodate themselves accordingly with surroundings. It's not easy to rise up against the culture, any difference one can bring is perhaps by own actions first. "Being Racist to a Racist doesn't make anyone less of a Racist". 

On the other hand, affirmative action is reverse racism/discrimination. You have a valid point there. And out of all I'd least expect UCLA to condone such practices. I do understand the point of all those race specific scholarships (UofH has renowned annual Quaid-e-Azam scholarship only for Pakistani origin students), but why should one get preferential treatment over merit is beyond me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users