Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Study: Benefit to Marrying Attractive Wife

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Men With Attractive Wives Report Higher Levels Of Marital Satisfaction, New Study Finds

The Huffington Post  |  By Taryn Hillin Posted: 11/19/2013 4:47 pm EST  |  Updated: 11/19/2013 5:00 pm EST

Happy wife, happy life? Not anymore -- a new study suggests it’s an attractive wife that leads to a satisfying marriage.

In the study, which was recently published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, psychologist Andrea Meltzer tracked over 450 newlywed couples during the course of four years and posed the question: does a good-looking spouse lead to a more satisfying union?

What Meltzer and her team discovered was that spousal attractiveness does play a major role in marital satisfaction -- but only for men. In other words, men care about looks more than women do.

The authors write, "The significant effect of wives’ attractiveness on husbands’ satisfaction was significantly stronger than the nonsignificant effect of husbands’ attractiveness on wives’ satisfaction, indicating that partner physical attractiveness played a larger role in predicting husbands’ marital satisfaction than it did in predicting wives’ marital satisfaction."

Interestingly, the attractive wives also reported higher levels of satisfaction, all because having a happy hubby made them happier too.

A study conducted in 2008 at the Relationship Institute at UCLA reached a similar finding. Researchers theorized that men who felt they "lucked out" by marrying attractive wives were happier and more likely to care about their wives' needs -- and in turn, the good-looking wives were happier in the relationship as well.

“The husbands seemed to be basically more committed, more invested in pleasing their wives when they felt that they were getting a pretty good deal,” study author Benjamin Karney explained.

Karney said the opposite occurred when the husbands felt they were better looking than their wives, explaining, "They didn’t seem to be quite as motivated to help out their wives when they were more attractive than their wives."

http://www.huffingto...w#slide=1881761

Just sayin' :P

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

So ur saying ur wife isnt attractive to you :P :heh:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Well, duh looking at a pretty wife gives your heart a workout.

But I have to say, if that pretty wife is an obnoxious bimbo then saari ki saari excitement heart attack say nahin bachai gee...

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

But I have to say, if that pretty wife is an obnoxious bimbo then saari ki saari excitement heart attack say nahin bachai gee...

khairyat? 

that's really sad to hear. 

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

lahoriii

lahoriii

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

lekin aap allah ko pyaray jaldi ho jahay gai, issay barha health benefit kahaan millay ga? 

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

But isn't this an extremely obvious statement?

Why or who would marry someone they're not attracted to or find attractive?

You would obviously be happier being with someone you are attracted to.

Why else would you marry them if you're not attracted to them?

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

But isn't this an extremely obvious statement?

Why or who would marry someone they're not attracted to or find attractive?

You would obviously be happier being with someone you are attracted to.

Why else would you marry them if you're not attracted to them?

well you can't say you stay attractive to same person all along, married or not. :heh: hence the point.

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Yeah tell that to your current or future wife, Ahmed.  if you survive the aftermath, then come post here.

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Yeah tell that to your current or future wife, Ahmed.  if you survive the aftermath, then come post here.

:heh: :heh: what??? why you mad?? I was stating the obvious…. isn't 4 wives allowed in religion? :heh: :heh:

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Or kiya, tu kar na chaar shaadiya'n :D

Londiya'n to unlimited allow hain yaar ;)

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

:heh: :heh: what??? why you mad?? I was stating the obvious…. isn't 4 wives allowed in religion? :heh: :heh:

Molvi sahab char shadiya ka matlab ye nahi ke apko char time halwa milay ga....waise agar kuch milay ga jootay tou confirm hai zaroor milay ge...bus soch samjh kar fasila kariye ga..ghalat fasila na kar bethiye ha jaise apne magni walay din char magniya aik hi waqt mai aik sath kerne ke koshish ki thi :heh:
Us waqt asal mai sab mithai kha rahay thay isliye apko hur taraf se mithaya mil rahi thi :P

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

*yawn* 
And what about a girl who has to endure a stinky partner and a lazy couch potato or an egoistic idiot? The list can go on.
yes a guy can marry 4 wives but i hope and urge all women who get threatened or get a whiff of their partner intending to marry 4 times, make his life miserable that he forgets marriage as an option. Not  a hard thing to do really  :hmm:

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

*yawn* 
And what about a girl who has to endure a stinky partner and a lazy couch potato or an egoistic idiot? 

Getting married to him, was presumably her choice.

Who else would be to blame but her?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Getting married to him, was presumably her choice.

Who else would be to blame but her?

Oh no sir.. its not what I meant. With all due respect to the male species, it is very unclear to know of their habits in the beginning of marriage or pre marriage time. If she gets engaged or liked him before marriage, ofcourse every idiot would look like a prince charming. And they do pretty well during that period too, I admit. Its only during the later stage, the syndrome kicks in. And that is true unfortunately.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Im not defending girls here too. I think its idiotic for girls to think life after marriage will be perfect or that a good looking guy or a guy with status etc would give them ever lasting happiness. I think that's an issue we have. In our society, it is looked at ( marriage is) that it is what completes a woman , it is perfect, it is the only way to achieve happiness etc. So its not really a question of marrying a good looking spouse etc. Its marrying with the right mindset. Ugly wife or stinkin good lookin partner, will age and start being really irrational and annoying. To the point, you would love to chuck them out of the window. Its just that people have a weird fantasy about marriage or being in a relationship in particular which needs to be corrected.

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Im not defending girls here too. I think its idiotic for girls to think life after marriage will be perfect or that a good looking guy or a guy with status etc would give them ever lasting happiness. I think that's an issue we have. In our society, it is looked at ( marriage is) that it is what completes a woman , it is perfect, it is the only way to achieve happiness etc. So its not really a question of marrying a good looking spouse etc. Its marrying with the right mindset. Ugly wife or stinkin good lookin partner, will age and start being really irrational and annoying. To the point, you would love to chuck them out of the window. Its just that people have a weird fantasy about marriage or being in a relationship in particular which needs to be corrected.

And what's your idea of correcting it?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

And what's your idea of correcting it?

Tell them the truth instead of instilling weird thoughts about it. And im saying this because I have come across several examples that have made me realize nothing in this life is permanent. Not even marriage. Girls in our culture are made to think that they will get married, have kids, cook and thats it. THIS should be their goal and only THIS will bring them happiness. And it degrades them from a bigger purpose. NO.
Marriage is good and marriage is a good thing only if people know who they are marrying and know what they are getting into. Its  2 day event with good food and romantic photoshoots. But life does not end there. Its just a temporary part of the bigger picture girls fail to see. Nobody tells them tht they will have to go through serious sacrifices, put up with the attitude of their husband and at times make choices that will not go with wht they like. Its not a bed of roses and it shouldnt be shown that way too.

I know i sound alot of anti marriage type but im not really. Its better than switching temporary partners really and having one good person in your life but even that good person needs to be known thoroughly or be ready to face major ups and downs.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Tell them the truth instead of instilling weird thoughts about it. And im saying this because I have come across several examples that have made me realize nothing in this life is permanent. Not even marriage. Girls in our culture are made to think that they will get married, have kids, cook and thats it. THIS should be their goal and only THIS will bring them happiness. And it degrades them from a bigger purpose. NO.
Marriage is good and marriage is a good thing only if people know who they are marrying and know what they are getting into. Its  2 day event with good food and romantic photoshoots. But life does not end there. Its just a temporary part of the bigger picture girls fail to see. Nobody tells them tht they will have to go through serious sacrifices, put up with the attitude of their husband and at times make choices that will not go with wht they like. Its not a bed of roses and it shouldnt be shown that way too.

I know i sound alot of anti marriage type but im not really. Its better than switching temporary partners really and having one good person in your life but even that good person needs to be known thoroughly or be ready to face major ups and downs.

This pretty much nails it.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better for a relationship than complete honesty and openness. Be it about how each person feels, felt, and what they're going through. The sharing of past experiences with each other, no matter how good or bad those have been. No secrets.

The importance of communication cannot be understated between 2 individuals in a relationship. 

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

This pretty much nails it.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is better for a relationship than complete honesty and openness. Be it about how each person feels, felt, and what they're going through. The sharing of past experiences with each other, no matter how good or bad those have been. No secrets.

The importance of communication cannot be understated between 2 individuals in a relationship. 

Lol, there should be secrets kept a little bit. Because if you tell everything to a girl, there are good chances she will use them against you till you breathe your last :) 

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Lol, there should be secrets kept a little bit. Because if you tell everything to a girl, there are good chances she will use them against you till you breathe your last :) 

Lol, having been on the receiving end of this I can confirm this is true. Having said that, it's still not worth keeping any secrets and only goes to harm the relationship in the long run. 

And if this is someone you're keeping secrets from, not quite sure one is ready to be in a relationship with this person for the rest of your life. At least a healthy relationship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users