Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Muslim Televangelists - Zakir Naik, Amir Liaqat, etc.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

They have a problem with people who utter "blasphemous" stuff, they cant tolerate movies that speak against Pakistan and Islam. but they are fine with havign idiots like Amir Liaqut and other stupidities that happen in the country?! Hypocrisy at a new level.

Exactly...people like Zakir Naik amd others are actually having fun with illeterate people....I remember that Molvi with orange beard called Quad e Azam a fasiq :tdown:
How come this isnt blashphemy...i didnt get to know his name cuz he died the next week :D

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Exactly...people like Zakir Naik amd others are actually having fun with illeterate people....I remember that Molvi with orange beard called Quad e Azam a fasiq :tdown:
How come this isnt blashphemy...i didnt get to know his name cuz he died the next week :D

I dont have a thing against Dr Zakir Naik, I respect him and his knowledge even if there might be some things I dont agree with. However peope with fake islamic degrees trying to make a  show out of islam need to be...
thrown outta window :P

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

I dont have a thing against Dr Zakir Naik, I respect him and his knowledge even if there might be some things I dont agree with. However peope with fake islamic degrees trying to make a  show out of islam need to be...

This sort a like televangelists in US. Commercialization of religion, forcing opinion on people…I personally am very against it.  With Islam, I have made a point to myself to do own research before following any scholar. 

Though sometimes the historical account Amir Liaquat presents is interesting….I like to know more about Islamic history, but then I don't know if he's telling all truth. so kind of take it bit of grain of salt. 

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

This sort a like televangelists in US. Commercialization of religion, forcing opinion on people…I personally am very against it.  With Islam, I have made a point to myself to do own research before following any scholar. 

Though sometimes the historical account Amir Liaquat presents is interesting….I like to know more about Islamic history, but then I don't know if he's telling all truth. so kind of take it bit of grain of salt. 

That's a good thing to learn about the Deen before trusting any source. However, I regard him to be one of the trusted scholars and for me scholars are the pearls of our Deen. They studied their whole life the religion to make it easier for us. So I wont go around bashing them even if i disagree with them.

Amir Liaqut on the other hand is a fake and he has presented himself number of times. If people of Pakistan still believe him, they are idiots.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

That's a good thing to learn about the Deen before trusting any source. However, I regard him to be one of the trusted scholars and for me scholars are the pearls of our Deen. They studied their whole life the religion to make it easier for us. So I wont go around bashing them even if i disagree with them.

Amir Liaqut on the other hand is a fake and he has presented himself number of times. If people of Pakistan still believe him, they are idiots.

haha relax...I don't bash anyone. I respect what they've done for religion but have to put myself at comfort to. Just for that reason.

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ Okay, i was "relaxed" I was just stating a point  :no: 

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

I added a new emoticon in his honor:

:alh:

:heh:

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I added a new emoticon in his honor:

:alh:

:heh:

:aho:  :aho:  :slap:

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

What qualification does zakir naik have?  he is another one of those "islamic scholars" like Ayman Zwahiri whose doctory was too hard for them so they decided to jump in something else.  At least be consistent if you are going to criticize someone! :P

As for Amir Liaqat, you have to admit he does a good thing by bring in shiite and sunni alims on one program.  Someone calling Yazid razi allah unuh when if you have a different view, he is a very controversial figure in history is not really a true scholar.  Yusut Estes has a better style of presentation and argument than naik.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Prefer Aamir Liaquat to Zakir Naik.

At the end of the day though, they both are numbskulls.

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

What qualification does zakir naik have?  he is another one of those "islamic scholars" like Ayman Zwahiri whose doctory was too hard for them so they decided to jump in something else.  At least be consistent if you are going to criticize someone! :P

As for Amir Liaqat, you have to admit he does a good thing by bring in shiite and sunni alims on one program.  Someone calling Yazid razi allah unuh when if you have a different view, he is a very controversial figure in history is not really a true scholar.  Yusut Estes has a better style of presentation and argument than naik.

Was at university here last week. Gave a lecture on Islamophobia. was good, worthy of listening. 

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Prefer Aamir Liaquat to Zakir Naik.

At the end of the day though, they both are numbskulls.

I hear ya. Aamir Liaqat brings mainstream and inclusive views, but he himself is a joke. Zakir Naik is less of a joke himself, but has many fringe and very controversial views. Both are not scholars and are just televangelists/speakers at the end of the day.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

I dont have a thing against Dr Zakir Naik, I respect him and his knowledge even if there might be some things I dont agree with. However peope with fake islamic degrees trying to make a show out of islam need to be...

Watch this

And this

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

If I had to judge people based on their talks, this world is filled with people who talk sweet stuff . But for me, its not their talk that clicks to me but its their knowledge and ability for me to connect with the word of God. Amir Liaqut does something right on his show but what he does outside is weird. Defaming Tahir Shah on his show ( even if Tahir shah's song was weird or he himself looked funny) and joining music shows and acting weird. Um no. Not for me.

But this discussion is beyond the scope of this topic so I wont discuss more. "Numbskulls" or not.. the fact that they are involved in something bigger rather than sitting on their fat backside and watching bollywood songs or refreshing their fb newsfeed.. atleast they are productive :) And by "they" Im not referring to Amir Liaqut..  :no:

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

I hear ya. Aamir Liaqat brings mainstream and inclusive views, but he himself is a joke. Zakir Naik is less of a joke himself, but has many fringe and very controversial views. Both are not scholars and are just televangelists/speakers at the end of the day.

My issue with Zakir is when he starts to intentionally spread misinformation about a topic he has zero clue about.

I understand he's well versed when it comes to the Quran, but he should stick to that. When he starts indulging in evolution and starts to debunk evolution on baseless claims he makes, intentionally misinforms the youth and audience about something, is when I think he's doing not only a massive disservice to other religious 'scholars' but also other influential individuals within the Muslim world.

He's got the audacity to say things like homo sapiens are apparently extinct. Uhh, we are homo sapiens.

Case in point, watch this and cringe.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bk5q9TeGo14

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

to Zakir Naik  :slap:

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Electric electric you are still as tolerant as a spark of 400 V generator.

One thing that you learn when you are in the states (or elsewhere...) is that you have to be open to others views.  Amir Liaqat amuses me due to his style but so does Zakir Naik.  He is a MBBS so I don't know why you worship him like he is the last muslim left on the eve of judgement day?  I think that I know the reason for it but don't expect others to hold their breath for this zakir naik.

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

I lost a lot of respect for Zakir Naik when he used 'may Allah be pleased with him' to refer to Yazid, and then came on TV again to bicker with others about it and subsequently twisted ahadith out of context to try and give legitimacy to his views. As Rastafarian said, the danger is that he can very easily mislead well-meaning people. Was good to see Sunnis and Shias both calling him out on that issue.

Aamir Liaqat is a clown and a joke. If anyone takes him seriously, that's just sad. Zakir Naik is even worse and more dangerous, because he presents himself in a scholarly manner and has the power to mislead.

Note, I have absolutely no issue with scholars from all schools of thought in Islam expressing their views--and I genuinely welcome and embrace them all, whether they be the traditional tariqah-inspired Hanafi prevalent in India and Pakistan, Ithna Ashari, Deobandis, or even Wahabis for that matter. But neither Aamir Liaqat nor Zakir Naik are qualified, yet both act as if they are.

Ahmed Deedat was an excellent example of what an Allah and Rasool-loving Muslim speaker should be like.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

I lost a lot of respect for Zakir Naik when he used 'may Allah be pleased with him' to refer to Yazid, and then came on TV again to bicker with others about it and subsequently twisted ahadith out of context to try and give legitimacy to his views. As Rastafarian said, the danger is that he can very easily mislead well-meaning people. Was good to see Sunnis and Shias both calling him out on that issue.

Aamir Liaqat is a clown and a joke. If anyone takes him seriously, that's just sad. Zakir Naik is even worse and more dangerous, because he presents himself in a scholarly manner and has the power to mislead.

Note, I have absolutely no issue with scholars from all schools of thought in Islam expressing their views--and I genuinely welcome and embrace them all, whether they be the traditional tariqah-inspired Hanafi prevalent in India and Pakistan, Ithna Ashari, Deobandis, or even Wahabis for that matter. But neither Aamir Liaqat nor Zakir Naik are qualified, yet both act as if they are.

Ahmed Deedat was an excellent example of what an Allah and Rasool-loving Muslim speaker should be like.

Same with me man!

I actually got pissed of quite earlier with him, when he put QURAN on the same table with geeta and said with his mini indian idiotic voice " Today I will tell u the similarities b/w Quran & geeta" ASTAGHFIRULLAH!

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

and said with his mini indian idiotic voice 

No need to be racist bro.. araam say :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users