Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The social cost of enjoying religion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

My moderation might differ from what you perceive as moderation so I really don't know what to say :P hehehe but i didnt get the last part what did you mean by double standards?

Think by double standards he means by living in countries which promote liberal values yet wanting to strive to not have those same liberal values in Pakistan.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

If that is the case then I think it differs from society to society.I  know ethical values of being from Pakistan will differ from the ethical values in the West. 

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

lahoriii

lahoriii

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

My moderation might differ from what you perceive as moderation so I really don't know what to say :P hehehe but i didnt get the last part what did you mean by double standards?

I was just saying that we all live in pretty liberal countries but we don't want to see Pakistan as a liberal country... which is a double standard. It's like being at a wedding and enjoying all the halwa puri by yourself. 

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

dil ko lag gai baat musa... ;)

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I was just saying that we all live in pretty liberal countries but we don't want to see Pakistan as a liberal country... which is a double standard. It's like being at a wedding and enjoying all the halwa puri by yourself. 

That khana example just hit home man :/

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

dil ko lag gai baat musa... ;)

Excuse me!

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users