Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ACTION: Write to NBC News regarding false statements about Pakistan

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
All,

You are encouraged to write to NBC News and call upon them to issue a retraction for a news story that spreads falsehoods about Pakistan and the Mumbai attacks in 2008. (a transcript of the story, as it aired, is here).

You may use the letter below, or change it as you see fit. Be sure to sign your name, and send it to:

nightly@msnbc.com

You may also send it via postal mail to:

NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

[/HR]

ATTN: Brian Williams, Managing Editor; Andrea Mitchell, Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent

On July 13, 2011, during a segment discussing the recent attacks in Mumbai, Andrea Mitchell made the following statement on-air:

"This time, India has said in the past that they were restrained three years ago when it was proved that Pakistan was behind the attacks."

This is an inaccurate and inflammatory statement. A Pakistani national, Ajmal Kasab, was convicted of the attacks in an Indian court. To twist this into asserting that Pakistan itself was somehow behind the attacks is, at best, a gross misrepresentation of the facts, and is tantamount to waging propaganda against Pakistan, itself the biggest victim of terrorism.

If NBC News wishes not to report on Indian instigation in the Balochistan region of Pakistan, or on the mass human rights violations in Indian-occupied Kashmir, then it does so on it's prerogative and conscience. However, spreading a fabrication and a lie about world events is not appropriate or acceptable for a news organization.

I urge you to correct the record by issuing a retraction, and apologizing to the viewers of NBC News.

Thank you.

[/HR]

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
ooh .. what did they write exactly?

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Zaina_27

Zaina_27

Limited Edition

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

ooh .. what did they write exactly?

*facepalm* =P .. This is what they said:

[/HR]On July 13, 2011, during a segment discussing the recent attacks in Mumbai, Andrea Mitchell made the following statement on-air:

"This time, India has said in the past that they were restrained three years ago when it was proved that Pakistan was behind the attacks."

[/HR]

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

It is india that is making that claim, unless FBI CIA know something that we don't?

fahadzafar

fahadzafar

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

nice sharing amazing one keep sharing thanks for all appreciated 

Samsung-Galaxy-A8s-s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users