Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What does this Hadith mean?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that:
the Messenger of Allah said: “No woman should arrange the marriage of another woman, and no woman should arrange her own marriage. The adulteress is the one who arranges her own marriage.” (Sahih)

English reference  : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1882 Arabic reference  : Book 9, Hadith 1956

Source: http://sunnah.com/urn/1262000

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

you won't get much clarification on this  :alh: 

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama
Ask :alh:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

It was narrated from Abu Hurairah that:
the Messenger of Allah said: “No woman should arrange the marriage of another woman, and no woman should arrange her own marriage. The adulteress is the one who arranges her own marriage.” (Sahih)

English reference  : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1882 Arabic reference  : Book 9, Hadith 1956

Source: http://sunnah.com/urn/1262000

In order for a nikkah to be valid, there must be a wali present on behalf of the woman. The hadith complements other ahadith that state that the wali should be male. As for choosing the person to marry, it is very clear through the Sunnah and Quran that no marriage can occur without the woman's permission, and that the woman has the right to choose whom she wishes to marry.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

In order for a nikkah to be valid, there must be a wali present on behalf of the woman. The hadith complements other ahadith that state that the wali should be male. As for choosing the person to marry, it is very clear through the Sunnah and Quran that no marriage can occur without the woman's permission, and that the woman has the right to choose whom she wishes to marry.

But if the eligible wali(s) are opposed to the choice the girl has made in regards to whom she wants to marry, then they can choose to not be present and thus rendering the girl's will in who she wants to marry useless? No?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Is there a detailed narration of this hadith? Nevertheless, I think its better to ask people with knowledge who have sufficient knowledge on the science and fiqh of hadith. Unless you want to create a discussion, you may not get an accurate answer .
Also the translation is incomplete if you compare it with the Arabic one, its something trivial but the chain of narrators arent included in the english translation.

Plus many hadiths have narrators and their chain is tested, for it to be authentic or in authentic. Like i said there is a science and fiqh of hadith that people like me cannot interpret but those with more thoroguh knowledge can guide better. The source itself is not enough to test the authenticity of this narration. My take , I can be wrong.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama
Ask MOYO :D

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

But if the eligible wali(s) are opposed to the choice the girl has made in regards to whom she wants to marry, then they can choose to not be present and thus rendering the girl's will in who she wants to marry useless? No?

The girl may choose any well reputed, sane, etc. male as her wali. It is not necessary for her to have approval of her father/brother/etc.

Electric is right though--an in-depth study of the issue should be done with someone with the proper education and knowledge. :) What I have written is what I have been taught through those channels, and inshaAllah I will answer as much as I truthfully know about, but that's gonna be limited bro. 

Softgrip

Softgrip

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The term hadith (pronounced ha-deeth) refers to any of the various collected accountings of the words, actions and habits of the Prophet Mohammad during his lifetime.  In the Arabic language, the term means "report," "account" or "narrative;" the plural is ahadith. Along with the Quran, the hadiths constitute the major holy texts for most members of the Islamic faith. A fairly small number of fundamentalist Quranists reject the ahadith as authentic holy texts.

Unlike the Quran, the Hadith does not comprise a single document, but instead refers to various collections of texts. And also unlike the Quran, which was composed relatively quickly following the death of the Prophet, the various hadith collections were slow to evolve, some not taking full shape until the 8th and 9th centuries CE.

During the first few decades after the prophet MUHAMMADdeath, those who directly knew him (known as the Companions) shared and collected quotations and stories related to the Prophet's life. Within the first two centuries after the Prophet's death, scholars conducted a thorough review of the stories, tracing the origins of each quotation along with the chain of narrators through whom the quotation was passed. Those which were not verifiable were deemed weak or even fabricated, while others were deemed authentic (sahih) and collected into volumes. The most authentic collections of hadith (according to Sunni Muslim include Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim , and Sunan Abu Dawud.​

Each hadith, therefore, consists of two parts: the text of the story, along with the chain of narrators which support the authenticity of the report.

An accepted hadith is considered by most Muslims to be an important source of Islamic guidance, and they are often referred to in matters of Islamic law or history.

They are regarded as important tools for understanding the Quaran, and in fact, provide much guidance to Muslims on issues not detailed in the Quran at all. For example, there is no mention at all of the details of how to correctly practice salat--the five scheduled daily prayers observed by Muslims--in the Quran. This important element of Muslim life is entirely established by hadith. 

The Sunni and the Shia branches of Islam differ in their views on which ahadith are acceptable and authentic, due to disagreements on the reliability of the original transmitters. Shia Muslims reject the Hadith collections of the Sunnis and instead have their own hadith literature. The best-known hadith collections for Shia Muslims are called The Four Books, which were compiled by three authors who are known as the Three Muhammads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users