Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

When Life Begins by Abu Yahya

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

When Life Begins' is the English translation of the Urdu best-selling novel called 'Jab Zindagi Shuru Ho Gee'.

It provides a comprehensive sketch of the world and life in the Hereafter in the form of an interesting novel.

The first book of its kind which was read by millions of Urdu readers.

A writing that will strengthen your belief in God and the Hereafter.

A life-changing Book!

Assalamualikum,

My sister was given this book to read by a friend and then she asked me to read it. Its a very good book and according to many reviews "must read it before you die". 

The book can be stated as Fiction as it talks about a religious man who has died and is narrating the event of Barzakh ( life after death) and Judgement Day that is being going on. However the events and everything can be traced from what we have learned from Quran and Hadith, therefore I wont call it completely fictional.

Im still reading it, but I thought I would recommend it to those who are interested. This book really does jerk you back to reality and makes you question things from a different perspective. What we have ignored or keep ignoring things that we think we wont be accounted for.

It is available both in Urdu and English (PDF versions). I prefer for those who can read in Urdu as it is more detailed but English one is good as well.

http://www.wakasmir....life_begins.pdf ( English)

https://docs.google....GU0djBKATQBAXYy ( Urdu)

You can read it in iBooks for your own  convenience :)

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Will have to check this one out. :) JazakAllah Bijli bibi.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

So basically it is the interpretation and imagination of someone who tries to figure out what life after death COULD/WOULD be like BASED on the Quran and Hadith?

isn't that as fictional as it gets if it is down to another person's interpretation and translation?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

So basically it is the interpretation and imagination of someone who tries to figure out what life after death COULD/WOULD be like BASED on the Quran and Hadith?

isn't that as fictional as it gets if it is down to another person's interpretation and translation?

Fictional in terms that the person who wrote this book based it on a fictional character that does not exist in reality but the incidents that may happen in the future are based from the Qur'an and Hadith that arent fictional to Muslims.Hope that made sense.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

BarakAllah feeh. Its a really good read. 

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Fictional in terms that the person who wrote this book based it on a fictional character that does not exist in reality but the incidents that may happen in the future are based from the Qur'an and Hadith that arent fictional to Muslims.Hope that made sense.

No, I got that.

But, it essentially is a take of the Quran and Hadith by another person and what might happen based on the Quran and Hadith.

The second someone is 'novelizing' what happens in the Quran and Hadith, he or she is adding his own interpretation of what they're saying and making a story of off that. Isn't that fictionalizing it when another person's imagination and interpretation is what we'll be reading. I get that it is based of Quran and Hadith, but it would still be someone else's conclusions and someone else's interpretation used to create the story in the novel. 

It is like, if I took records and read up about WW2, and wrote a novel about how it would have been to be a part of it, despite not being a part of it, it would still be fictional, despite based on factual records and claims if you get what I'm saying?

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

-removed-

Edited by Electric, 29 November 2013 - 08:19 PM.
Not in line with the discussion

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

BarakAllah feeh. Its a really good read. 

I have this question from y'all since y'all used the arabic phrase.

What's the importance of using Arabic phrase instead of saying the expression in Urdu or English. Does it count as a good deed? (I want an authentic evidence from Quran or Ahadith on it). Because what I believe is your intention matters most, and everything else is secondary. But I do see here a lot of muslims using Arabic phrases in there talk, and indirectly emphasizing it too much that other muslims who are not used to of "saying" that rather start feeling as if by not saying they are committing a sin. Frankly, this to me is abnormal behavior, and pretty much OCD of some sort. By all means, nobody can tell about intentions of anyone. Even if you say iA or mA without really knowing the meaning of it then what good it be??? I've heard Hindus saying iA and mA too.

Partly, I do see it as an amalgamation of Arab influence on the whole muslims of west which I think is absolutely wrong to begin with because Islam doesn't talk about supremacy of one race. But all I see among muslims is this trendy trait. And then top of that who doesn't follow them is easily labelled an outcast….WTH??? Why???

I'll give you another example I noticed past Ramadhan. I saw people making fun of desi(s) for calling it "Ramzan" and "Roza" instead of "Ramadhan" and "Saum"…my point is why being judgmental about this? And on top of that what authority you have to decide?

It's an honest question. If it sound uncomfortable then my bad...

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ You may make a separate thread and discuss your views there. :) The discussion is on the book so we will try to discuss that here. Thanks!

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama
^
Miss Strict!
Yes Maam :pak:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

No, I got that.

But, it essentially is a take of the Quran and Hadith by another person and what might happen based on the Quran and Hadith.

The second someone is 'novelizing' what happens in the Quran and Hadith, he or she is adding his own interpretation of what they're saying and making a story of off that. Isn't that fictionalizing it when another person's imagination and interpretation is what we'll be reading. I get that it is based of Quran and Hadith, but it would still be someone else's conclusions and someone else's interpretation used to create the story in the novel. 

It is like, if I took records and read up about WW2, and wrote a novel about how it would have been to be a part of it, despite not being a part of it, it would still be fictional, despite based on factual records and claims if you get what I'm saying?

I think so.
World War was an event that took place in the past. Day of Judgement hasnt. Its a future event that will take place and even though scholars interpreted the Qur'an and the Hadith ( the writer is also  a scholar) the interpretation came from the direct text of the Qur'an which is not considered fictional and a direct source of Allah's communication with us.
That said, yes there are interpretation however they are not personal but they are derived from the knowledge of lingual, shariah and basic knowledge. The writer talks about a fictional depiction of a person who does not exist in reality but the event he is seeing are things tht will happen in the future as Muslims believe. Yes its his personal view but that is heavily referenced in the Quran

For example in Chapter 7:-

"For a moment, there 

was a pause, accentuated by the profound silence all around. Then a 
voice harsher and louder than even a thunderbolt said: 
“I am The King. Where are the defiant? Where are the arrogant? Where 
are the kings of the Earth?” 
These words hit the ears of the people like a thunderclap. No one was in a 
position to answer this question. If anything, people started to weep and 
cry. My body started to tremble because of the sternness, firmness, and 
ferociousness of the voice. I suddenly recalled every single occasion in my 
life when I considered myself as powerful, mighty and in charge, even if 
only within the confines of my home. I wished that the earth would split 
open and I would hide in it. I wished I could somehow escape the wrath 
of God. In a state of utter helplessness, I cried out: 
“If only my mother had never given birth to me!” 

You can find reference of these things in the Qur'an 
Surah Nab'aa, last verse
Verily, We have warned you of a near torment, the Day when man will see that (the deeds) which his hands have sent forth, and the disbeliever will say: "Woe to me! Would that I were dust!""

Im sorry I cannot quote the exact verse but it also talks about the same thing which the writer quoted.

Then there is a hadith qudsi that talks about the similar scenario which can be found in Sahih Bukhari but my knowledge is very poor in quoting word to word hadith and I dont want to make a mistake so i cant quote one. But nevertheless, that's basically it :) I hope you would read it and find out why I am recommending it.

Those of you who have or are reading it let me know, I like to discuss it with people :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users