Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Boycott These Fast-Food Chains Please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

This 2 minute video just convinced me to boycott the following fast food chains: McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, Jack In The Box, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr. (Hardees), Pizza Hut. Please take 2 minutes to watch this.

Inflation has increased, wages have remained stagnant. These fast food chains do not pay their employees enough money to feed and cloth themselves, and that cost is passed on to the tax payer in the form of federal food stamps and medicaid (at least here in the US), and we basically end up subsidizing these corporations. It’s a classic example of businesses enjoying the benefits of cheap labor while socializing the costs. I hope whoever reads or watches this has in their hearts to not support these businesses (their food is not THAAT good anyways)

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Exactly. You can think how selfish such organizations are. I also came across this article about how non philanthropic McDonalds is. Less than 1% of their proceeds actually goes into charity work.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Exactly. You can think how selfish such organizations are. I also came across this article about how non philanthropic McDonalds is. Less than 1% of their proceeds actually goes into charity work.

These companies have profits in the billions, bu being the greedy b**tards that they are, won't even pay their employees enough to have 3 proper meals a day. and they NEVER give their employees a raise, no matter how long or how hard they have worked there. Then they wonder why employee turnover rate is so high? 

I used to be on the fence about minimum wage with half baked ideas of US having to compete with Chinese and Indian labor, but the fact that these companies dump down the cost on the rest of society while corporate heads rake in millions is infuriating, its about freakin time we take collective action (or at least be aware of the problem, and do something about it). 

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I think the problem also  lies with how people are being forced to get jobs. Most of them dont have good qualifications and those who do, they arent being hired. Also some of the people consist of lazy people who want to sit on their fat backside and expect government to pay for them.

Low income is definitely something, people are in need of jobs and even with good qualifications are being forced to work in such places just to keep themselves off from starving. 

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama
Just asking...if everyone do indeed boycott these chains...what benefit will it giv to the employees :confused: ????

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Just asking...if everyone do indeed boycott these chains...what benefit will it giv to the employees :confused: ????

If these companies start to lose profit then they know something has to change. For example, many countries refused to do business with South Africa due to their Apartheid policies. this hurt them economically, and played a large part in ending the Apartheid regime.

There are still a lot of places where you can still get fast food outside of those 8 mentioned.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

If these companies start to lose profit then they know something has to change. For example, many countries refused to do business with South Africa due to their Apartheid policies. this hurt them economically, and played a large part in ending the Apartheid regime.

There are still a lot of places where you can still get fast food outside of those 8 mentioned.

Ok! THANKs to ALLAH...I dont go to these chains....i used to goto McDonalds when i was 12-13 but not now...

Great to see KFC isnt in the names of 8 :D otherwise it would hav taken me a therapy session with Dr.Phil to get rid of it :heh:

PS: Lets hope people start going away from these chains soon, INSHALLAH!

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

Ok! THANKs to ALLAH...I dont go to these chains....i used to goto McDonalds when i was 12-13 but not now...

Great to see KFC isnt in the names of 8 :D otherwise it would hav taken me a therapy session with Dr.Phil to get rid of it :heh:

PS: Lets hope people start going away from these chains soon, INSHALLAH!

For all we know they could be just as bad, I'd do my research if I were you. As a rule of thumb, its usually a good idea to support local restaurants and businesses over transnational corporations

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

For all we know they could be just as bad, I'd do my research if I were you. As a rule of thumb, its usually a good idea to support local restaurants and businesses over transnational corporations

I will try to find out, the next time I go there.

chloedeez

chloedeez

Cadet

• Members
  • 1 posts
There's a reason why its called min wage man!!! As an employer that makes billions of dollars every year, they need to provide for their own employees rather than turning to the govt and taxpayers to compensate for their lack of responsibility and ownership

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Apple gives a paltry 0.1% of it's cash to charity, and even that is an improvement over what Steve Jobs-era Apple gave (which was next to nothing).

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ wow.. thats just sad :/

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

bit of a devil's advocate here - these guys are agitating for 15 bucks an hour.....not a lotta skilled workers in finance etc get that kinda hourly pay.....the question is once they are paid that much how about another group agitates for wage increases and so on....interesting questions..

VolterWight

VolterWight

Commander

• Administrators
  • 739 posts

bit of a devil's advocate here - these guys are agitating for 15 bucks an hour.....not a lotta skilled workers in finance etc get that kinda hourly pay.....the question is once they are paid that much how about another group agitates for wage increases and so on....interesting questions..

Yeah they won't get $15 thats guaranteed, but surely anyone who works full time anywhere should be able to make a livable wage don't you think? How much would it cut into their profit margins if fast food corporations paid their bottom of the ladder employees a lil more? 

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

Apple gives a paltry 0.1% of it's cash to charity, and even that is an improvement over what Steve Jobs-era Apple gave (which was next to nothing).

Apple isnt Fast Food??? :confused: 

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

Apple isnt Fast Food??? :confused:

obviously it's not, lol. The context though was that even filthy rich companies can be super stingy.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

I Just got this from a friend: about KFC employees - U guys think they do Justice or Not?

Is anyone here a KFC employee?
  • brian asked 4 years ago
I'm doing a research paper for my high school and I was hoping to be able to ask a current or former employee about KFC policies concerning their employees (if you have to pay for your own uniform, etc.). 

If you'd be willing to speak with me, please contact me at after.the.rain.falls @ gmail.com
Additional Details
Here are the questions I need answers for, if you feel uncomfortable emailing me: 

1. Are employees allowed to accept tips? 
2. What does an employee have to do to be considered for a raise? 
3. Are there opportunities for advancement and/or promotions? When? How? 
4. Do you have to buy your own uniform? 
5. Who is eligible for employee benefits? Everyone? Just the managers? 
6. What training is involved for a manager? What does it entail? Where does it take place (onsite/offsite)? How long is it? 
7. What are the positive aspects of working for KFC? 
8. What are the negative aspects of working for KFC? 
9. How many people work/worked at your KFC? 
10. What demographic do they tend to employ? High schoolers? Immigrants? People in their twenties? People without a high school/college degree? Semi-retired?

ANSWERS:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
9803b20e87d9bc235efef4203e011802_48.jpeg
Best AnswerVoter's Choice
1. Yes, but they seldom receive any 
2.Good attendance,be responsible,clean uniform,tidy,work as a team member, hospitable, follow procedure, show respect for others.They usually have a yearly evaluation, in which raises are given.But can get incentive raises at any time for good work performance.They are now required to do tests for each station,and receive a small raise for completing them. 
3.Opportunities are there,either from within the store itself or transfers to another store. Usually when someone leaves a position the vacant position needs to be filled, which is common for a variety of reasons such as school,child care, relocation,termination or moving to another job. 
4.No,uniforms are provided at no cost, Employee's are responsible to provide their own shoes. 
5.The franchise I worked for required 3yrs service to receive benefits for regular workers. Management benefitsstarted the 1st full month. 
6.In order to be a manager you have to be trained in all positions, know procedures and follow them (you can't teach if you don't know) security, banking, loads of paper work,training, hiring, firing, ,discipline,patience,maintenance, ordering stock and scheduling. Takes place sometimes on site, sometimes off,training for a new product might be held at another store in a different town . conventions may be in another state and require travel(no pay for travel time).And they are at least yearly, things change all the time, We have to be Certified by the Health Department which requires passing a State test, to be in charge of a shift ,so you are constantly learning.Everyone learns at different levels, it may take you 3months or a year or more.Some don't make it at all. 
7.It can be very busy, the busier it is the faster your day goes. Most of the time the busier it is ,the better employee's work together as a team. No time to think of anything but what you are doing.Most of the customers and store employee's are nice down to earth people, and you get to know them just like someone in your family.It doesn't take long to see the potential in someone and know who is dependable, the food isn't bad, and the pay plus bonuses aren't bad either. 
8.Management spends more time at work than they do at home,you are always on call, your employee's actually do become your family-With that you have to be part time counselor/parent.Customers have a tendency to get upset at you personally when something isn't right, one crabby customer can wreck your whole day, they seem to look down on the people who work there and don't take in consideration that these workers are trying to make an honest living and provide for their families too.Some get upset about company policy, and think we make the rules. We don't, it's our job to follow and enforce them. Customers are not the only ones upset when the company runs a special and there is no chicken in the STATE,special deliveries are in transport and the people higher up are transporting from store to store the best they can until it shows up in a semi truck at 1:00 a.m.after the store is closed.The cashiers and management have to explain all of this, and they are just as frustrated as the customer ( sorry i got off track )The employee's in fast food work their hinies off, and really have to know how to hustle (- after all it is fast food and moving backward doesn't help ).The employee turnover is huge, either they just don't get it or they don't want to work that hard, so there is constant training.(one foot forward and two steps back).and finally when something goes right the boss gives you a pat on the head but when it goes wrong you would think that their world is coming to an end. 
9.At one time including myself 40, the average was 32 
10.Our store was of all races . I had 2 that where semi-retired,most of my employees where in their 20s and 30s with families to support,and either had spouses or a significant other.Up to eight where in high school, and at one time 5 going to collage.1 was killed in a car accident, 3 ended up doing prison time (2 actually ended up on Americas Most Wanted- 1 for cutting off his tether and fleeing to Chicago,another for gang banging,and shot a kid)( and yes, I can back that up) 3 went onto the military, and we had two couples who met at work and eventually got married.My store was robbed twice,I was held at gunpoint back in the 80s along with four other employee's.Have heard every vulgarity, there is , witnessed grown men throwing chairs at each other,several counterfeit bills, heard every excuse there can possibly be for not showing up for a shift,show up for court twice, and had to call ambulances and the police several times for a variety of reasons. 
11. So why do we do it ? Because we like what we do, and would be bored to death sitting in an office pushing a pencil and sitting on our keesters all day. Every day is the same but different, we like the hustle, the responsibility, the people we have around us, the customers and the stress
Source:
at K.F.C for 25+ yrs.

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
Hey Guys n Gals....just to inform u that all KFC employees gets a mandatory raise every after 2 years.....this looks good

adil_909

adil_909

Commander

• Administrators
  • 853 posts
  • Locationthe hospital

so let's get this straight.

much of the public thought in the US, be it through fear or proppoganda, is controlled by republicans, who preach that the federal government is utterly useless, and that corporations have the answers to our problems.

the bottom line for any corporation is making a profit. they will refuse to spend every penny they can get away with. instead of paying employees, they pay lobbyists who go and influence lawmakers who then refuse to make changes that need to be made.

all in all, those that are at the bottom of the food chain (no pun intended) have no hope of upward mobility in this country. they cannot afford to seek healthcare (ER visits don't count), they cannot feed their families, and they rely on the federal government to make ends meet. yes, the same inept federal government that provides safety nets for the most vulnerable people in society, those that have been taken advantage of by large corporations.

what a screwed up mentality.

Posted Image

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

Adil atleast show some Barca spirit and come to the La Liga section   :order:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users