Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Books section

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

And you still haven't been to one :heh:

Yep. Dont plan to as well :)

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

Has anyone read "The Inferno" by Dan brown? Im hesitant to read it as it looks very cliche to the ones Brown has written previously. Although im a big fan of his books Angels and Demons and Deception Point . Amazing read .

Also John Grisham is my another favourite, its just amazing how he puts intense legal cases into amazing stories. Anyone know any good ones that I can read :)

I recommended to read this.... my third best post :P

John Grisham's

Attached File  John_Buchan_-_John_Macnab.pdf   961.3KB   693 downloads

The Testament

Dan brown's

Inferno

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Has anyone read "The Inferno" by Dan brown? Im hesitant to read it as it looks very cliche to the ones Brown has written previously. Although im a big fan of his books Angels and Demons and Deception Point . Amazing read .

Also John Grisham is my another favourite, its just amazing how he puts intense legal cases into amazing stories. Anyone know any good ones that I can read :)

Read Inferno last summer....was good Ramadhan night read...lol, not really

It's okay. It's not the best of his work. It has some high points but overall an average read. I guess one would like it if new to Dan Brown but those who have read other Dan Brown stuff might be a little disappointed.

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

do read 'a history of god' by karen armstrong....brilliant brilliant book

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

If anyone here has any suggestions for non-fiction, please do advise.

23 years....interesting boook by an iranian author ali dashti amazing book.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Read Inferno last summer....was good Ramadhan night read...lol, not really

It's okay. It's not the best of his work. It has some high points but overall an average read. I guess one would like it if new to Dan Brown but those who have read other Dan Brown stuff might be a little disappointed.

Loll how can you have time to read a book during ramadan? 

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

I started in Ramadhan....I have a habit of reading something before bed, and that was my read.

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Fair point.

My interest lies in political books, or anything to do with theology. 

http://www.buzzfeed....omeone-whos-a-d

Friend of mine send me this list a while back. There are some suggestion in this. Dunno if you like them, but worth a shot. Religion outside history is really not my cup of tea, I wish I can suggest you any better.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Why?

The entire Muslim world reads a book in ramadan? :S

In fact, reading the Quran is considered sawaab ka kaam and ibaadat in ramadan is it not? :S

Confused

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

23 years....interesting boook by an iranian author ali dashti amazing book.

I've actually heard a lot of great things about that book!

And being the theology and religious history freak I've become in the past few years, it's been on my 'to read list' for a while

Shall definitely be reading it, not quite sure when though!

But yeah, more like the suggestions I'm looking for

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

http://www.buzzfeed....omeone-whos-a-d

Friend of mine send me this list a while back. There are some suggestion in this. Dunno if you like them, but worth a shot. Religion outside history is really not my cup of tea, I wish I can suggest you any better.

Thanks for that.

I'm strangely not a fan of Reza Aslan. But Karen Armstrong very much so!

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Thanks for that.

I'm strangely not a fan of Reza Aslan. But Karen Armstrong very much so!

I've read both but just not into religion readings and deciphering faith talks these days. I find other subjects that interest me more. May be someday religion excites me and I come back to these accounts... :)

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

Why?
In fact, reading the Quran is considered sawaab ka kaam and ibaadat in ramadan is it not? :S
Confused

Thats what she meant...in Ramzan its difficult for most people to find time to do their extra curricular activities

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Thats what she meant...in Ramzan its difficult for most people to find time to do their extra curricular activities

She meant how do you get time to read a book in Ramzan.

But all everyone does do in ramzan is just that, read a book, or verses from a book!

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts

But all everyone does do in ramzan is just that, read a book, or verses from a book!

:no:

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Why?

Confused

I said "time".. some people have busy schedules during Ramadan. I didnt mention anything about sawab or ibadat... tum kyun pareshan hogaye?

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

No not necessarily. People do a lot more , for example, having dawatein , itikaaf, go to university, go to work, go to the masjid iftars etc etc. Yes its a busy month so i dont see why are you getting worked up about something I was not even referring to in the first place.

Pastafarian

Pastafarian

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

No not necessarily. People do a lot more , for example, having dawatein , itikaaf, go to university, go to work, go to the masjid iftars etc etc. Yes its a busy month so i dont see why are you getting worked up about something I was not even referring to in the first place.

lol.

Not getting worked up.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I started in Ramadhan....I have a habit of reading something before bed, and that was my read.

That's productive. I try to play candy crush  :P

Morfina

Morfina

Ensign

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

So this is probably of no use to anyone since I don't know if the book is available in English, but the last book I read was called "brother, what are you doing?" (translated title). Basically these were the last words of a Pakistani girl before her brother shot and killed her, and injured her husband, because she chose to marry an afghan. It's a detailed description on how the murder was planned and carried out and how a large portion of the Pakistani community - who didn't even know the girl - were involved.

For those interested: http://en.wikipedia....of_Ghazala_Khan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users