Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

rishta scene.. don't girls have it easier?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
seems the talk of the town in my social circle these days is rishtay.. I always figured girls had it easy; it's like window shopping.. guys come and go, and you sit down after serving chai and kababs and say haan or naa. becharay larkay hi risk letay hain, and deal with the joys of rejection..wondering kay un mein kaunsi kami hay or whatever.. haina?

kya khayal hay? (waiting for larkiyan to prance on the issue.. infact, counting on it! :P)

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
well rejection can go both ways.. guess i never looked at it from the POV that youre being put on display or something though... thats true. :hmm: i guess a lot of larkay waalay do that lekin ghalat baat hay.

on a lighter note, how about this approach? :

Posted Image

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
hmm.. well isnt it true that girls get lots of rishtay idhar udhar say.. now obviously this means that any given random rishta has a low chance of working out, right? so then why do you say that its expected for the guy's side to like everything and for it to work out.. when logically, the expectation is that only one out of dozens of rishtay will actually move forward. (and the reason can be almost anything, the girl/guy shouldnt take it personally every time).

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
Oh bhai kisney kehdia :P easy? Arey the rishta aunties come and they have their own list of demands " qad itna ho, weight inta ho, complexion aisa ho waisa ho" uff its so irritating.
For girls they are always viewed as an object and then thats it.

I guess the whole marriage issue is challenging for both the sides but our culture has made it tough for the girl because there is more pressure on her than the guy.

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Oh bhai kisney kehdia :P easy? Arey the rishta aunties come and they have their own list of demands " qad itna ho, weight inta ho, complexion aisa ho waisa ho" uff its so irritating.
For girls they are always viewed as an object and then thats it.

I guess the whole marriage issue is challenging for both the sides but our culture has made it tough for the girl because there is more pressure on her than the guy.

"Tere naal kinne weah karna ae?!" - Mom  :D

tumblr_mwf3i314kC1smvwndo1_500.gif

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

majority of Pakistan is still 'rural' and/or 'conservative', so I think girls have it had in the sense that they are considered parai ki beti or bojh and they have to eventually get married.  Guys have it is easy when it comes to choice. 

Though Pakistanis of all stripes in majority want girls to be educated, the concept of wali was important in Pakistan in the sense that people, in majority, thought that girls should marry with permission or agreement of walli according to the last pew survey.  This is interesting islamically since I remember an actual life story of sahabiya who came to the prophet with a question.  Her question was that her walli "persuaded" her to marry this guy but she was having second thoughts about this guy.  The prophet asked her if she was in complete agreement when the marriage took place and she told him no, so the prophet told her that her marriage stood dissolved.   I think the lesson here is that the women's will to whoever they marry is more important than what some wali wants (parents but could be brothers etc as well if there are no parents).

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

"Tere naal kinne weah karna ae?!" - Mom   :D

tumblr_mwf3i314kC1smvwndo1_500.gif

I bet ur an expert on this! tell us about ur first experience! :heh:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I dont make rotis. Hence no shadi for me
:groove:
  :groove:  :groove: 

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

mmmusa8888

mmmusa8888

Titty Master

• Super Mods
  • 6235 posts
  • LocationQuebec to Manama

I dont make rotis. Hence no shadi for me
:groove:
  :groove:  :groove: 

Push Ahmad to tell some stories related to it....the guy has alot of experience in this field :pop:

tumblr_n6ppy7jo3C1qfpe3mo2_500.gif

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

I think Mr Ahmad had faced rejections on his inability to make round rotis/parathas ?

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

haha….I don't make rotis/parathas, but I can cook. And I guess not bad because nobody ever got sick :D Survival Skills….never know when they come handy. And not many people know about it….like to keep it that way  :yup:

Though I am pretty close to New Orleans and the place is French Food Heaven. I'll miss all Cajun delicacies once I'll leave from here. 

"But the thing about Ronaldo... Ronaldo could play for Millwall, QPR, Doncaster Rovers or anyone and he'd score a hat-trick. I'm not sure Messi could do it." - Sir Alex Ferguson

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Sickness may not always be related to throwing up and getting diarrhea. Just saying  :cool:

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

lol yeah, true but….

jab sick hongay…aana saday kaul hi ay  :yes:

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
Ahmad you gotta open a Cajun Pakistani fusion restaurant. Jambalaya Korma and Gumbo Pulao :P

Ahmad\

Ahmad\

le hipster

• Super Mods
  • 3018 posts

Ahmad you gotta open a Cajun Pakistani fusion restaurant. Jambalaya Korma and Gumbo Pulao :P

You're forgetting the best….The crawfish!!!

and season is about to come. I can never have enough of New Orleans….it's crazy just how I like it.

http://www.thrillist...sit-new-orleans

I love traveling man, and Alhamdulillah have seen lot of U.S. in these years. It's been truly a fun ride, every place was unique (in all aspects :P). Food-wise I don't think there is a better place than New Orleans if you're a fan of seafood.

And Desi food the thing is, though I love it because it is truly one of the most delicious food I've had, but the moment you try to mix match it with anything it'll come out bad. Or at least I didn't like it, because I prefer them original. I don't want my shrimp masala to come out as Gumbo…..No hellzz No. And also it's not the easiest to prepare. I feel bad for girls what their Moms put them through. I don't cook much Desi food, it's too difficult and too time consuming. Whenever I decide to cook Desi, Shan Masala Zindabaad  :dance1:

For Desi food though, there is no better place in US than Houston or Chicago.  

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

As I have gone through life, I have seen one thing, I used to and have fell in 'love' most recently till 3 months ago...but everytime I have treated a girl nice.....they have screwed me over and everytime i have played hit it and quit it....they keep coming back. Secondly, they unknowingly or knowingly are manipulative and will pick the 'mate' who provides them security ( as proxied by financial strength) and/or familiarity (keep going back to the same douchebags instead of trying out someone new)

All this love business is a facade in my eyes.....nonetheless the rishta cycle is even ore gut wrenchingly awkward.... its understandable from an economic perspective but its so goddamn damaging to your self esteem....

lahoriii

lahoriii

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Have this female relative who is a brilliant engineer and small minded folk come and say "larki kaam kerthi hai... hummay ghar wali chahiye"... :no:

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

As I have gone through life, I have seen one thing, I used to and have fell in 'love' most recently till 3 months ago...but everytime I have treated a girl nice.....they have screwed me over and everytime i have played hit it and quit it....they keep coming back. Secondly, they unknowingly or knowingly are manipulative and will pick the 'mate' who provides them security ( as proxied by financial strength) and/or familiarity (keep going back to the same douchebags instead of trying out someone new)

All this love business is a facade in my eyes.....nonetheless the rishta cycle is even ore gut wrenchingly awkward.... its understandable from an economic perspective but its so goddamn damaging to your self esteem....

In the US or back home?  Waitt, have you been back home since you came here?

@doctor saab: roti pakanay waali to mil jaani chahiye unless you are a med student.. :P

Edited by Das Reich, 21 November 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

For Desi food though, there is no better place in US than Houston or Chicago.  

Devon Zindabad  :pak:

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

In the US or back home?  Waitt, have you been back home since you came here?

@doctor saab: roti pakanay waali to mil jaani chahiye unless you are a med student.. :P

both the US and back home..... apparently i also know how to 'pick'em' according to friends lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users