Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Religious Freedom, Secular Forum

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Emerald

Emerald

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPakistan

The good old United Kingdom is not as Islamophobic as some of the other supposedly great countries. British Muslims are not required to be meek, unapologetic and defensive bunch, they have every right and freedom to express their religious views, no matter how unfashionable they may sound for. If they end up looking silly, that's their headache. Anyway, everyone has freedom to stir the pot every now and then. That's the beauty of living in the UK. 

Viva La Britannia! 

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
I'll give you one thing, UK Muslims are perhaps the most politically active and organized Muslim communities anywhere.

I totally agree that Muslims should express themselves, but don't you think it's wrong to go force a non Muslim woman sitting with her husband or male friend at a public lecture to go sit somewhere else? It's not appropriate Islamically to do so, even if the woman were a Muslim.

Emerald

Emerald

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPakistan
Yes, i agree with you. It's absolutely wrong!

But let's avoid generalising.

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts
Very true.. We shouldn't take this as reflective of the whole community. The people who did this are wrong. Simple as that.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

An MSA meeting is one thing--these were public meetings. Like, if you host a lecture or some other event that is open to the public, then you shouldn't start forcing women in the audience to go sit somewhere else. Sirf itni si baat hay. :) Internal MSA meeting mein of course you can have whatever rules you wish, just as a musalla does for prayer.

Gotcha! This makes sense. Im sorry I think i didnt read hard enough . 

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

Speaking for Islam at least, Islam doesn't seek to get rid of natural emotion and interaction (unlike the way Catholic clergy is forced into celibacy). Instead, Islam seeks to keep limits on interaction to avoid emotional and social problems. Hugging and kissing na-mahram can definitely lead to attraction and temptation, which can wreck a marriage, family, etc. Khair that's a tangent from the issue at hand, but yeah.

100 main se 101 deti hun aap ko :P

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists). [6:162]

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I read it and i dont see the force here tbh. Why is it so hard to follow a seating arrangement that is being set by the host in the first place. Wherever you go, big meetings etc, there are seating arrangements set. Now if I walk into a gathering where I am being dragged to sit in the sister's place when I dont want to, that is unnecessary. But if I willingly want to follow it or I understand there is a general seating arrangement set, why is that a big deal? In the end of the day, those who want to hang out can do so in the end, an hour or 30 mins cant really take away basic fundamental rights :P

you are being frivolous on purpose here :D but khair theek hai.....you are entitled to your opinion. I just see it as counterproductive if you have an event open to a whole college and you try to impose your particular type of social mores on that....

Emerald

Emerald

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPakistan

Very true.. We shouldn't take this as reflective of the whole community. The people who did this are wrong. Simple as that.

Dair aye par darust aye. :P

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

you are being frivolous on purpose here :D but khair theek hai.....you are entitled to your opinion. I just see it as counterproductive if you have an event open to a whole college and you try to impose your particular type of social mores on that....

Frivolous. Big word :P

No i misread it, i thought it was a Muslim based program that was organized, I wasnt aware that it was not that. I misread it, apologies!

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

don't you love it when all the members end up agreeing together in the end. :P

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

^ Its amazing :P

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

don't you love it when all the members end up agreeing together in the end. :P

yes we can!!! :D 

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Frivolous. Big word :P

No i misread it, i thought it was a Muslim based program that was organized, I wasnt aware that it was not that. I misread it, apologies!

shukran jazeelan :)

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts
^ La Ba'as ya rijal

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

yes we can!!! :D

bas oye ziada obama na bano :P

maverick86

maverick86

Lt. Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

bas oye ziada obama na bano :P

he is a huge huge disappointment.....gali to na do.

Electric

Electric

Disguised Punjaban

• Moderators
  • 1225 posts

he is a huge huge disappointment.....gali to na do.

Altaf Hussain se bari koi gaali nahi merey bhai.

fahadzafar

fahadzafar

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

nice sharing its amazing one keep sharing thanks for all lovely one keep sharing 

Samsung-Galaxy-A8s-s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users