Welcome to PakSarZameen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Good Nexus ROM (verizon version) Q's

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

So, I have a verizon google nexus (SCH-i515) phone which is rooted with the bootloader unlocked.

I have been looking around, but based on your guys experience, who has the best ROMs for this phone. It is on the 4.1.2 right now, but I am thinking of moving to kit kat and KLM etc as this would be my secondary playing around phone. I ask since even in Linux there are different variations and I ended up liking Linux MINT which is very close to windows and is updated frequently.

Thinking of updates, are there ROMs (nightly ROMs???) that would update themselves like from kit kat to key lime pie and beyond as Google release them and developers work on them? Or is it like moving from Windows 7 to windows 8 with brand new installations?

Sarmad

Sarmad

Ustaad

• Administrators
  • 1072 posts

few things bro.. the 'K' build is kitkat (named after the candy, yep) lol.

and yep, there are definitely loads of ROMs you can try. it's a crime to still be running ICS on that thing man. as far as ROMs go for Android devices in general, here's the lowdown:

• Official OEM builds - this is the intended out-of-the-box ROM from the carrier/manufacturer. naturally, with all the intended bloat put in, this is the slowest upgrade channel and is often unsupported within 12-18 months.
  • AOSP builds - these are community-built ROMs that are compiled straight from the Android source code. This is good for 'purists' and people who want to use it as a base for their own ROM, but otherwise it's pretty boring.
  • CyanogenMod - the original custom ROM, but you can do far better.
  • ParanoidAndroid - a very slick and feature-packed ROM that's a bit of a mix of AOSP and CM.

I vote for ParanoidAndroid for your phone. The XDA developers forum is your hookup:

http://forum.xda-dev...velop/-t2645780

Das Reich

Das Reich

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Ok, thanks for the information about the different ROM sources.

Btw, what is meant by the original custom ROM?  Does ParanoidROM takes cyanogenmod ROMs and adds features to them?

Though there is no SD card, one reason that I like Nexus here is the lack of bloat unlike the infamous touchwhiz in the flagship Samsung builds.  They do say that S5 is better with less bloat from touchwhiz.

PS It is ironic that the White House is looking at Samsung and LG for the president, but I guess that they might not have touchwhiz as even the blackberry that Obama uses had special NSA security put on it when Blackberry is a closed platform.  An interesting tangent for this thread! ;)

Edited by Das Reich, 30 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

fahadzafar

fahadzafar

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

nice sharing its amazing one 

Samsung-Galaxy-A8s-s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users